Hide Table of Contents
Lisias's Software Projects
- A Zilog's Z80 based Apple //e using ProDOS and Microsoft's SoftCard as platform.
- Yes, I'm nuts! :-)
- A Game Loading oriented Operating System for TK-2000 and Apple II
- with a nice API! :-)
- An extremely optimized 2nd stage boot (first being the firmware) for Operating Systems.
- Feature list:
- Fastest possible loading time for sequential data
- Only CB2k's highliy optmized routines can be faster
- and even that when loading segmented data spreaded on multiple tracks!
- OS agnostic
- anyting goes, from an already established OS to your own custom binary/game/e-zine/whatever
- ProDOS exception made - it uses track 0 for critical data structures, and I don't see a point on forking the L-Boot1 to use another track just for it.
- CP/M can suffer the same problem, I didn't give a peek on it yet
- Machine independency (same binary works on TK2000 and Apple II)
- Compressed payload support
- Minimal API allowing
- machine independent basical screen services,
- optmized sequential sector sector loading,
- data decompression.
- Current supported Target OS'es:
- TK-DOS 3.3 for the TK-2000
- Apple DOS 3.3 for the Apple II
- Custom binary programs
- as the Apple II games of the tape era
- Disk II BOOT1 Carnival
- Commented dissassembly of many BOOT1 code from many Apple II Operating Systems
- Microsoft SoftCard's CP/M 2.22
- Digital Research's CP/M 2.22 and 3.0
- Applied Engineering's CP/M
- AppliCard's CP/M
- Apple DOS 3.3
- TK-2000 DOS 3.3
- Apple ProDOS 8
- OpenApple Z-Library
- An initiative to transform the AppliCard CP/M card (and its clones) on a fully featured multi-function co-processor card on the same principles of
the OpenGL/AS/ES, etc.
This page is work in progress: soon a proper abstract and current version information will be available.